Friday 25 February 2011

homage

Homage project - my starting point was the paintings of Edward Pond as seen in train carriages through the 1980's and 90's;


I took inspiration from his simple stencil-like images and applied it to some modern buildings in Brighton  such as the Amex building on Edward Street;



The cage like structure of this building began to stand out and led to some more abstract work;


and photos of the stencil I used.... 


...led onto some monoprints



Coming back to ceramics, the black and white cage painting started suggesting Portuguese tile patterns from the 1950-70's, an area of particular interest. I have traced the central area of the painting and next I will follow the lines with pin-pricks through which I will try to paunce some pigment directly onto damp glaze...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.