Thursday, 3 November 2011

porcelain test firing

After a few hitches getting kiln to work (voltage problems in garden shed..) I have managed to do a test firing of slip-cast porcelain.

Trying out a small selection of glazes on small forms. Its the first time I have made glazes up from scratch rather than buying in ready made mixes. A lot more experimentation needed but some good results too. The celadon-like green works well. The cobolt glaze is interestingly matt but not sure its the look I am after. The manganese rim ran a bit but next time I will be braver and pile it on so it really runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.